Antigua & Barbuda, Australia, Austria, Barbados, Belgium, Chile, China, Costa Rica, Egypt, Finland, France, Germany, Gibraltar, Greece, Guatemala, Holland, Honduras, Hong Kong, Ireland, Italy, Kenya, Kyrgyzstan, Luxembourg, Myanmar (aka Burma), Namibia, Nicaragua, North Korea, Rwanda, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Thailand, Tunisia, Turkey, Uganda, Ukraine, USA, Uzbekistan, The Vatican City.
I’ve also stepped foot in South Korea, but only in the hut that straddles the border in the DMZ while visiting North Korea.
Plus the following in transit only:
- South Africa
You can see the flights that I have been on, that I can remember the details of, over on myFlightRadar24 by clicking on the image below.
To-Do List and Upcoming Trips
I have booked trips to the following:
- West Africa 2022
The following map shows countries currently on my to-do list. This list tends to change frequently, and I regularly get distracted by trips to countries not on my to-do list which I end up booking first, so we’ll see.
(On the map in no particular order is Canada, El Salvador, Ecuador (inc The Galapagos), Colombia, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Sierra Leone, Togo, Benin, Gabon, Zimbabwe, Sudan, Nepal, Taiwan, South Korea, Solomon Islands, Cook Islands, and I’d love to go back to Myanmar to see more of the country than just the islands I visited in the south.)
Top of my list would be an overland trip to some of the countries in West Africa, but again we’ll see which I end up booking first depending on COVID, money, trip availability, if anything else distracts me first, or if anything comes off of my to-do list!
Trips I have been on
I have been on the following trips, that I can remember the details of:
- 1996 – Italy (Sorrento, Naples and Pompeii)
- 1997 – Antigua and Barbados
- 1998 – Florida
- 1999 – Turkey
- 2000 – Egypt
- 2001 – USA (California, Nevada and Arizona)
- 2002 – Namibia
- 2003 – Tunisia
- 2003 – Corfu
- 2004 – Los Angeles (conference)
- 2005 – Los Angeles (conference)
- 2006 – Majorca
- 2006 – Los Angeles (conference)
- 2007 – Singapore and Australia
- 2007 – Stockholm
- 2008 – USA (New York and Boston)
- 2008 – Rome and The Vatican City
- 2009 – Ireland
- 2009 – Kenya, Uganda and Rwanda
- 2009 – Helsinki
- 2010 – China and North Korea
- 2012 – Guatemala, Honduras, Nicaragua, Costa Rica and Atlanta
- 2012 – Uganda
- 2012 – Amsterdam
- 2013 – Ukraine (Chernobyl tour)
- 2013 – Germany
- 2014 – Myamnar (sailing), Thailand and Hong Kong
- 2015 – Uzbekistan, Kyrgyzstan and Istanbul
- 2015 – Amsterdam
- 2015 – Madrid
- 2016 – Chile
- 2017 – Madrid
- 2018 – Barcelona
- 2020 – Madrid and Salamanca
Plus a few school ski trips to France, Austria and The USA (New Hampshire and Maine), school trips to France and Belgium and early family trips to Menorca, The Canary Islands, Spain, Gibraltar, France and Italy that I can’t remember the years of as I was too young.